Dear media activists:

On September 11, 1999, the National Day of Art to Stop the Execution of
Mumia Abu-Jamal (mumia911.org), is happening all over the US and other
cities in the world.  On that day, artists from every field will be
presenting plays, concerts, spoken word events, art exhibits -- all with
the aim of shining a light on the government's efforts to execute Mumia
Abu-Jamal, and stopping it.  We are acting on an urgent mission.  If Mumia
is killed, it would be the first execution of a political dissident in
this country since the Rosenbergs in the 50s.

I would encourage everybody to place a banner ad on their site:
http://home.sprintmail.com/~benclemens/mumia/banners.html

There are three "actions" to get this banner out:

1. Send the letter and banner out to as many websites as  you have contact
with to get it posted on their sites.
2. Gather together a group of friends and conspirators who will work to
expand the net (e.g. ITP grads, etc) to get sites to post the banner.
3. Mass mail to any lists that seem relevant.

The above link has instructions for posting the banner.

Here's a letter that could be sent out:

Please excuse the unsolicited email. We want to ask your help to stop the
exectuion of journalist and political prisoner Mumia Abu Jamal. It's
urgent. The exectuion could happen very soon.

Artists all over the country have resolved that on September 11, 1999, we
will stomp the earth, lift our voices, write, sing, act and paint the
walls. We will create a culture of resistance to stop the killing of Mumia
Abu-Jamal. Join Rage Against the Machine, Ossie Davis, Edward Asner, Alice
Walker, Ntozake Shange, Pete Seeger, Ozomatli, Chumbawamba, and hundreds
of other artists for a national day of art, filled with exhibitions,
concerts, shows, and performances. To get the word out about the events,
we want your site to

*** please consider hosting one of our banner advertisements.***

They are under 10k, and available in many sizes to suit your layouts.
Please go to the below address and read the instructions if you can host
an ad. If you don't have a site, visit the Mumia 911 site below to find
out how you can participate.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Manse Jacobi _______________________________ webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Free Speech Internet Television              303.442.8060
www.freespeech.org

information&comunication channel | for net.broadcasters
http://xchange.re-lab.net  (Xchange)  net.audio network
xchange search/webarchive: http://xchange.re-lab.net/a/